Sunday, March 20, 2016

My First Gluten Free Afternoon Tea

 Daughter Melissa arranged to take me for my first gluten free
afternoon tea at Yesterday's Tea Room in Florence, KY
for my birthday in March 2013.
 Melissa had been diagnosed with Celiac about 1 1/2 years before.
We had a choice of salad and a scoop of chicken salad with GF crackers
 Or, a green salad, two GF sandwiches and the salad of the day.
Below our dessert a GF brownie. 
My gluten free journey began on February 15, 2013.
This was my first visit to a tea room and I was so happy! 
~
I probably should mention my Afternoon Tea Journey began in February, 1993.
Eating gluten free and afternoon tea don't go hand-in-hand
but, I have learned a lot since February 2013. 

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog site and am really interested in your Gluten Free afternoon teas. Although I am not gluten sensitive, I am trying to lose weight (via WW) and so many of the lovely afternoon tea menus and pictures have fabulous, carb loaded selections. Somehow carrot sticks and celery do not seem like a tea treat to me!!! For me, afternoon tea is a 'snack time' not a meal. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete