Thursday, July 21, 2016

Gluten Free Afternoon Tea in NYC

 We enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea at The Lowell Hotel, Pembroke Room
while visiting New York City in late June.  
We would return to this tea venue in a flash.  
The foods and the tea selection were fantastic! 
 There is a valuable lesson to be learned here. 
Can you see how small the "closed" sandwiches are cut? 
Gluten free bread makes a very dry sandwich.   
The open-faced were more "normal sized."  
I have been making all my gluten free sandwiches open-faced to avoid being too dry. 
Smaller works well!  

 The scone is a bit too brown, but it was delicious! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Linda...this is a lovely tea!! I found your comment on a post about the Debbi Mumm Teaparty cookbook, and that you have this wonderful little book. So do I, but unfortunately, I can't find it. Can I ask a huge favor of you?? Would you please send me the banana bread recipe. I had to use a different recipe, recently, and it's just not the same. I have bananas that are at the peak of perfection for bread, and still haven't found my little book. :(
    Thanks for your time...
    Regards, Lynda Wachob

    ReplyDelete