Monday, April 18, 2016

What Is Gluten?


Gluten is a protein found in the grains wheat, rye and barley.
The easy part is yes, we know that includes most breads and pastas, 
but did you realize gluten appears in additives and flavorings used 
in many packaged foods, such as soy sauce?

The "Gluten Free Diet" is not a fad.  
And, it's not a weight loss program. 
In fact, in my opinion it is not a "diet" at all.  

Eating gluten free is a necessity for people like my daughter, Melissa, 
who has Celiac disease, and for those like me who were not diagnosed with 
Celiac disease, but obviously have a huge list of ailments which have been
relieved by stopping eating gluten.  
I have Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (NCGS)
also referred to as Gluten Intolerance. 
Yes, my doctor is very much aware of my health issues,
and the relief I have received from stopping gluten.   
~
So, why the photo of the refrigerated Pillsbury Gluten Free Pie Dough above, 
and the refrigerated Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough below? 

In my opinion, 
although processed products like this may not be the most healthy choice,
they certainly have made my Afternoon Teas easier to prepare and more pleasant for me! 



I do not endorse products, but I will continue to share some of my favorites.  


No comments:

Post a Comment