Monday, April 4, 2016

First Banquet Luncheon

This was a beautiful luncheon, in my 2nd month of being gluten free in 2013.
All I could eat was the salad.  I love salads so it was "ok"

Fortunately, I took my own gluten free crackers and few snack things,
including Dr. Lucy cookies in the Snack 'n Go Packs.
They go great with a nice cup of tea.
~
The event was catered so there was nothing extra in the kitchen.
I learned a lesson!
I always carry gluten free snacks, in an insulated bag.
Carrots and other cut up veggies with GF hummus is a favorite.
I like "munchy-crunchy" rather than "soft and chewy." 
Lesson learned: Always carry gluten free snacks with you.
Note:
All product information is strictly my opinion.


3 comments:

  1. How do you go about eating the gluten free snacks you bring in? We've taken a Rubbermaid container of gluten free pasta to Olive Garden before and then ordered the marinara sauce, plain. But we weren't sure of the etiquette of it all. Do you just open up your bag and add that food to the regular meal? Or eat it in the car to curb hunger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa and I add our "add-on" GF foods when the entrees for everyone else is brought to the table. Melissa always carries her own salad dressing. We had a funny experience recently at a famous steak restaurant. We asked them not to bring their delicious loaf of bread out prior to the meal, and Melissa put plantain chips on her bread plate. Several funny looks from the assistant server. I have always eaten Olive Garden gluten free pasta meals without a problem, but I'm not Celiac.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete